Thursday, August 11, 2011

Truth and Lies

Much of our life - how we see the world, how we see others and ourselves, what we think of the future etc is based on whether we are believing and walking in truth or in a lie.

My Hubsters suggested I go through my post and identify where the lies are and combat them with truth (this is why I love him so...).  I have done this exercise a few times in my life as I've tackled big issues, and I'm thankful that God's truth is a FIRM FOUNDATION!  So here I go again.... Let me disclaimer by saying not all of these are actual lies - some are feelings that the Lord offers hope for in His Word.

LIE:
"I am at the end of my rope.  I feel pressed in and attacked from many sides.  I am TIRED.  I am a little lonely."
TRUTH: 
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."  2 Corinthians 4: 8-9


LIE:
"I am struggling with feelings of extreme guilt.... feeling like I literally have no idea if I have been doing anything right for the last few years."
TRUTH: 
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."  Romans 8:1-2

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 - even if there is a time I do make a mistake, it doesn't throw God off course.

"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11


LIE:
I felt as though I had unshakable faith, but having a hard time being so optimistic now...
TRUTH:
"Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth"  Hebrews 11:13 - a good reminder that my faith cannot be based on circumstances OR outcomes!


Here is what I have so far!  I will have to save the rest for another day.
I'd love it if you'd comment with any verses that come to your mind, or a lie you have believed and a TRUTH to combat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment