Hello Again.... time for Truth and Lies Part 2..... This is my original post from whence this comes. My goal is to address the lies (or feelings that are not how God wants me to feel) and combat it with TRUTH from God's Word. here goes nothin' :)
* * * * *
LIE:
watching my friends lead lives of happiness...
TRUTH:
Happiness is fleeting. It is circumstantial. Joy is the only thing we can hold onto because is comes from Jesus. Here are some scriptures about joy, and about how God directs each of our lives. I cannot hold my self accountable or compare my life to anyone else's. I just need to trust that if I'm following Jesus and seeking His will, and he's guiding me and walking me through it.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11 (so nice I used it twice :] )
"The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing." Proverbs 10:28
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart" Hebrews 12:1-3
LIE:
mourning the "honeymoon phase" which I feel like we never really had...
TRUTH:
Again, the truth that I can either rejoice where I am at and be thankful for the time we've had, or I can wallow. I choose to be joyful and thankful. Also, to trust that God sees our adventure and has good plans for us, honeymoon phase or not.
* * * * * *
The last week has been hard - there have been good days and bad days. Some things I feel like the Lord is asking me to do are:
- RE-EVALUATE my perspective. I have allowed myself to turn my eyes from Jesus and look at my circumstances, my fears, my frustrations etc. I have allowed those to be the focal point of my life.
I was reading a post last week in the midst of my meltdown, and it really encouraged me. It's by Lemonade Makin' Mama, and you can read the whole post here, but this part stuck out to me:
In Prince Caspian, there is a scene where the Lion, Aslan, is speaking to Susan. "You have listened to fears, Child,” said Aslan. “Come, let me breathe on you. Forget them. Are you brave again?" If you are listening to fears, they aren't doing you any favors. Hand them over, don't bottle them up inside wondering. Lay them down and then walk away. Let His promises break over your back like a cold, refreshing wave, and if you do need forgiveness, it's there.
In the Bible, when God breathes on you, you receive life. You receive an overflowing of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't get any better than that. I need to turn my eyes back to Jesus and let him breathe on me. Thanks LMM!
- REMEMBER God's goodness. While I have been a Christian all my life, and I know God's promises - that he is good, he seeks prosperity for us, and hope etc etc, lately I am not believing it. But it DOES NOT mean it is not TRUE. I need to say it and pray it until my heart feels the joy of those promises again.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace...
No comments:
Post a Comment